Sweet potatoes are such a versatile vegetable. They can be steamed, baked, fried, mashed, turned into pancakes, microwaved (if you’re short on time), baked into a casserole, made into brownies or muffins, turned into wedges, the list can go on and on.
One of my favorite ways to enjoy sweet potatoes is by cutting them into wedges and baking them. Sweet potato wedges can be a side dish for any meal, or even eaten by themselves as a snack. The other night, I was in a rush to make a quick side dish for dinner. I saw the sweet potatoes and knew immediately knew what I was going to make.
First, I grabbed 2 large sweet potatoes, washed them and cut off the very ends.
Then, I cut them into wedges!
I put them in a large bowl and added olive oil, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and black pepper. Toss well!
I placed the wedges on a baking sheet in a single layer and baked them in the oven at 450 degrees F for about 30 minutes.
They turned out so good!
Super Simple Sweet Potato Wedges
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 2.5 lbs)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black peper
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.2. Wash potatoes (and peel if you prefer).
2. Cut off the very ends of the potatoes.3. Cut potatoes lengthwise and into wedges.4. Place potatoes in a large bowl and add in olive oil, garlic powder,black pepper and Italian seasoning. Mix well.
5.Place wedges in an even single layer on baking sheet.6. Bake in oven for 30 minutes, flipping with spatula halfway through.7. Allow to cool for a few minutes. Enjoy!mommydontsaythat.com
Question: What are your favorite ways to eat sweet potatoes?